Book: Edible Wild Plants for Beginners
Wild plants are not only beautiful, but they can also be an affordable and sustainable way to add flavor and nutrition to your diet. Edible Wild Plants for Beginners provides you with the essential information and guidance to begin foraging for edible wild plants and including them in your diet. Edible Wild Plants for Beginners provides profiles of common edible wild plants and includes information on dangerous look-alikes, the best time to harvest, where to find each type of wild plant, and how to cultivate your own garden. From natural remedies to delectable dishes and exotic cocktails, Edible Wild Plants for Beginners provides more than 95 ways for you to use these newfound ingredients.
Edible Wild Plants for Beginners will help you explore the world of edible wild plants and teach you how to use them in your home and kitchen, with:
- More than 95 easy-to-follow edible wild plants recipes and remedies, including Amaranth Vegetable Curry, Pickled Jerusalem Artichokes, Chamomile Cookies, and a Purslane Martini
- Tips for foraging, harvesting, and cultivating edible wild plants
- Techniques for serving, preserving, and cooking with edible wild plants
- 31 edible wild plant profiles, including descriptions, distinguishing features, preparation and collection tips, and common uses
- 10 simple steps to making tinctures
- A guide to identifying edible wild plants and avoiding common poisonous plants
With Edible Wild Plants for Beginners, you'll be able to start living sustainably, saving money, and adding variety to your diet the way nature intended.
Be the first to review this product.
- Rachel Smith (Althea Press)
- Book Details:
- Paperback, 245 pages, 2013